And Another Bucket List...



My Bucket List. And not Balti List.
No, I am not Diagnosed with Cancer, nor am I planning on Suicide in the Very Near Future, but keeping the List ready is called Liberal Use of Practicality, though ‘ The Others’ would like Us to Believe Otherwise. Who would let Them know that in the Time of Need, no Time will be Wasted in Writing up a List? (Wow, that actually Rhymed.)

(in random order)

  1. Go on a road trip from Majuli(Assam) to Tawang(Arunachal Pradesh) to Kohima(Nagaland) to Imphal(Manipur) to Aizawl(Mizoram) to Silchar(Assam) to Shillong(Meghalaya) to Guwahati(Assam) to Darjeeling(W.B.) to Gangtok(Sikkim) to Lhasa(Tibet and not China) to Ladakh(J&K) to Srinagar(J&K) to Amritsar(Punjab) to Lahore(Pakistani Punjab) to Karachi(Sindh) to Peshawar(NWFP/ Pakhtoonkhwa).          But I have to earn my License first, after Learning to Drive. Then I have to get my Passport made, and clear all the Foreign Office Complications. Whoever said Technology made things Easier? Eh?

  1. Learn to speak French. I seriously do wish to see Paris Je T’aime and Amelie without the subtitles on! Also to tour Paris without carrying any “English to French Phrase Book”. It’s a Beautiful Language to listen to, and honestly, very ‘Literary’ too. Plus your Social Standing increases crore times if you manage to speak that tongue. So yeah, Français, je vous aime!

  1.  Learn to do the Tango! And Salsa! And Waltz! And Rumba!     Seriously, they look so Sexy/Classy and you stay in Shape too. Plus again, your Social Standing increases like increasing Potato Prices. Or more like the recent biggest Single Day Gain in Two Decades for our Stock Market Prices (17.34% to be more exact, but Tango results in a Double Rate Gain for your Social Status).

  1. Go and give one Tight Slap on Modi/Advani’s face. And No Sorry, BJP-Wallos. Or I can try the more in vogue way of Throwing Shoes. Mom sure will lend me her Shoes for this use, and the Heels will Hurt A Lot Too. Yay!

  1. Visit my Ancestral Land in Sylhet, Bangladesh. Yeah I know, my Mom’s Family moved from then East Bengal to Assam in the early 1930s and my Dad’s Family came during The Partition, but still, Curiosity remains. Plus maybe Comilla too, my Mom’s Mom’s Ancestral Land. And Mymensingh and Dhaka too. Some of my Relatives’ Origins come from there too. And no, that doesn't make me an 'Illegal Migrant'. If so, then our PM is one too.

  1. Open a Restaurant, either a) on the Beaches of Goa, or b) in Darjeeling, or c) in Calcutta/Bombay/New Delhi/B’lore.

  1. Scrap the Section 377 of the Indian Constitution. To legalize Same-Sex Marriage every where and Improve people’s views about Homosexuals, Sex-Workers and AIDS Patients. To formally legalize Conversion, Abortion and Inter-Caste/Religion Marriage, and to provide State Punishment to those who like to irritate people on these basis. To abolish Religious Political Groups and have friendly relations with all our Neighbouring Countries. Ah, oh so politically/socially vibrant mind of mine! Thee surprise mine consciousness!

  1. Complete a Story and get it Published by a Reputed Publishing House. Seriously, one of my zillion Un-Finished Stories may fetch India its latest Booker Prize Winner, and no, they are not about Booboo, The Bear and Mojo, The Monkey.

  1. Get invited to The Cannes Festival, and rub my In-significant, Non-Designer Clothes laden shoulders with the Rich and the Famous, and see ‘Quality, Meaningful, Serious’ Films and try act like a High Class, High Taste babu.

  1. Have a Big Library containing all My Favourite Books and a separate one for all My Favourite Movies and Music, which, upon My Death, would be Donated to My Dearest Friends and a Few Select Relatives and to the Local Red Cross Organisation.


And thus ends my Humble Bucket List, though it will be very much subjected to Change in the Coming Future. Not a very Ideal Thing to post as your First Blog, but then, Who is trying to be Ideal in the First Place?

5 comments:

  1. ZB said...:

    that was quite a comprehensible list.:)))))

  1. Green-seas said...:

    Nicey! Most of them are things I'd love to do as well, especially number 7. And 3, though salsa is kinda boring actuallt, I tried it for a while. Tango, yes.....
    I love the 'sound' of the entire thing, it sounds just like you're talking. And the name rocks!

  1. LumousP said...:

    @ Zillionbig
    haha, i know! Liberal Use of Practicality, remember? ;)

    @ Sukkie
    You tried Salsa? never knew that! they all look sexy to me, so yeah, till i try them, i know nothing.
    thanks, yaar!

  1. Welcome new blogger.

    First query - why do you want to increase your social standing?

  1. LumousP said...:

    Thank you, milord. :)

    haha, why NOT? its a necessity now-a-days. plus i would rather be on the higher side of the ladder. ;)
    next query?

Post a Comment